The 88-acre of freehold land for Kenny Heights development was bought back then in 1976 by Kenny Heights Development, a joint company between Dutaland and Olympia Industries. It was intended to be developed over 15 years beginning from 2008 with residences, offices, hotels, retail space, medical centre, art gallery, school and design centre. From the total gross floor area of about 23 million sq ft, 70% would be commercial properties and the remaining 30% would be residential. Kenny Heights is part of the first phase of the development and has drawn a lot of interests from foreign investors. The developer claimed that 40% of the Estate purchasers were foreigners. The location is just perfect for a high-end residential and popularly nicknamed the Beverly Hills of Kuala Lumpur. Some background on Dutaland- it was formerly known as Mycom involved mainly in oil palm plantations, property development and property investments. The company had undergone a restructuring exercise that completed in April 2007. Then, Mycom was renamed DutaLand in December 2007. There are several stalled projects by the developer, namely Plaza Rakyat, a joint development with DBKL, and Grand Duta.